Whether you dropped your phone or received it that way, having a black screen on your Android can be very frustrating.
But don’t worry—there are some quick and easy fixes that can help you get your phone working properly again in no time.
These 5 ways on How to fix Black out screen on Android Phone will help you revive your phone and get back to using it as normal.
1. Wipe Cache Partition
One way to fix a black screen on your Android phone is to wipe the cache partition. This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the issue and refresh the system. To do this, power off your device and then press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. You should see the Android logo appear onscreen.
From here, use the Volume Down button to navigate to the wipe cache partition option and select it with the Power button. Let the process complete before restarting your device.
2. Perform Factory Reset
A factory reset should be your last resort when it comes to fixing a black screen on your Android phone. This will wipe all of the data from your phone, so be sure to back up any important files before you proceed. To do a factory reset, go to your phone’s Settings menu and find the Backup & reset option. Tap Factory data reset and then Reset the device.
Confirm that you want to proceed and wait for the process to complete. A factory reset should be your last resort when troubleshooting a black screen issue on your Android phone.
This will wipe all data and settings from your device and return it to its default factory state.
1. To perform a factory reset, first make sure your device is powered off.
2. Then, press and hold the volume up and power buttons simultaneously until you see the Android recovery screen.
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option, then press the power button to select it.
4. On the next screen, select Yes — delete all user data
5. Finally, press the power button again to confirm and initiate the reset process.
3. Remove SD Card
A black screen on your Android phone can mean one of two things: either the LCD display is damaged, or there is a problem with the software. If your phone is still under warranty, you may be able to get it repaired for free. Otherwise, you’ll need to pay for repairs. If you’re not sure what’s causing the problem, there are a few things you can try at home to fix it.
Try removing the SD card and then reinserting it. Turn off and then turn back on your phone.
Try powering down and restarting the device in recovery mode by pressing the volume up + power button simultaneously. Use this option only if all other options have failed to solve the issue because once you enter recovery mode, you cannot exit without turning off or restarting your device!
4. Update Android OS
One of the first things you should try if your Android phone’s screen is black is to simply restart the device. If that doesn’t work, then you can try to update the Android operating system. This might fix the problem if it’s caused by a software glitch.
To do this, go to your phone’s Settings app and tap on About phone. Then, tap on Software update and see if there are any available updates. If there are, download and install them.
You may also want to contact customer service for help with installing the latest software on your phone. Reset your phone: The next thing you could try is resetting your phone.
Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset device (this will delete all content from the device).
Make sure to back up anything important before doing this. Clear cache: Another potential solution is clearing the cache of apps.
5. Use Data Recovery Software
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Download and install a data recovery program on your computer.
3. Open the data recovery program and select your phone from the list of connected devices.
4. Select the type of data you want to recover from your phone. 5. Scan your phone for the lost data.
6. Preview and recover the lost data from your phone.
7. Disconnect your phone from your computer and restart it.
You may be able to continue using your phone without any problems now. If this doesn’t work, there is one more thing you can try before calling customer service: delete recent apps one by one until the black screen disappears.
If this does not fix the problem, then there is an issue with the software installed on your device and should be serviced by a professional.
The reason why the Android phone screen goes black
There are a few different reasons why your Android phone’s screen may have gone black. It could be a hardware issue, a software issue, or something else entirely. Here are five potential solutions to try if you’re facing this problem.
1) Reboot the device by holding down the power button and selecting power off. After it shuts down, press and holds the power button again until it starts up. If this doesn’t work, keep reading.
2) If your phone is still under warranty, take it back to where you bought it for help.
3) Factory reset the device by going into Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset and pressing Erase Everything. The process will take about 10 minutes so don’t turn off the device before that time has elapsed.