How to fix message blocking is active on android, When you are trying to send text messages, but the message fails with an error saying Message Blocking Active.
This issue can occur when the phone detects that you are sending multiple messages in quick succession to one number.
In Android Messages (formerly known as Messenger), you can set a limit on how many messages you want to send in quick succession to one number using the Restrictions feature in Settings.
If you have reached this message limit, you won’t be able to send any more messages until some time has passed or until you deactivate the restriction for that number.
What is Android message blocking?
Android message blocking is a feature that allows you to block unwanted messages from certain contacts.
When you block a contact, their messages will no longer be visible in your inbox. Message blocking is a great way to reduce spam and keep your inbox clean.
However, sometimes you may accidentally block a contact that you actually want to hear from. If this happens, don’t worry! There are a few ways to fix this problem.
The first thing you can do is to go into the Messages settings by tapping the Messages icon in the app drawer or via Settings -> Messages -> Menu -> Settings.
Next, tap Blocked Contacts and then unblock any contacts that you wish to receive messages from again.
You can also unblock them by going into their profile in the Messenger app, selecting More -> View Blocked Contacts, tapping Unblock next to their name, and then selecting Done at the top of the screen.
Clear all notifications
- Go to Settings and choose Sound & Notification
- Tap App notifications and find the app that’s been blocked
- Tap the app and press the Clear cache button
- Restart your phone and try sending a message again
- If that doesn’t work, go back into Settings and tap Storage
- Find the app and tap Clear data
- This should fix the problem!
If you don’t see App notifications in Settings, open an app and check for a notification. You should be able to clear it then.
Force stop messenger app
To fix the issue of message blocking being active on your Android device, you’ll need to force stop the messenger app.
- open the Settings app,
- tap Apps & notifications,
- tap See all apps,
- scroll down and tap Messenger,
- tap Force stop,
- confirm with OK. This should take care of the problem and you should be able to receive messages once again.
Disable messenger from Settings
- Open the Settings app on your Android device
- Tap Apps & notifications
- Tap See all apps
- Scroll down and tap Messenger
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear data
- Tap Clear cache
- Restart your device
Uninstall updates from the play store
If you’re experiencing the message blocking is an active error on your Android device, it’s likely due to a recent update from the Play Store. To fix this, you’ll need to uninstall the updates.
I’ve tried it a couple of times and haven’t had any problems after uninstallation. The system works perfectly fine, my phone hasn’t frozen at all.
Uninstalling updates from the play store does nothing else but clears away all recent updates and you will be able to download them once again through the play store.
And if for some reason after a few hours of uninstalling updates you find that your phone still shows that error doesn’t worry about it, just remove and reinstall the messages app and then try downloading new updates from the play store. Message downloading doesn’t affect system stability in any way!
Reinstall messenger from the play store
If you have messenger installed on your android device, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the play store.
This often fixes minor issues with apps. To do this, open the play store app, search for messenger, and tap uninstall.
Then, re-download and install the app. Once it’s installed, open messenger and try sending a message. If message blocking is still active, move on to the next step.
Change your app settings
The Messenger app has settings that let you block messages and contacts.
Enable messenger from settings
If you’re having trouble sending or receiving text messages, it may be because message blocking is enabled on your Android device. To fix this, you’ll need to enable the messenger from your settings.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap Apps or Applications.
- Tap Messenger.
- If the messenger is disabled, tap the Enable button.
- You may be prompted to enter a verification code; if so, enter the code and tap Verify.
- Once the messenger is enabled, try sending or receiving a text message again.
- If you’re still having trouble, contact your carrier for further assistance.
How do I turn off message blocking on my Android?
If you’re trying to send group texts using Android Messages, but some of your contacts are not receiving your messages, it’s likely that message blocking is turned on for those contacts. Here’s how to turn off message blocking for a specific contact:
- Open the Android Messages app.
- Tap the contact’s name.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Block messages. A pop-up window will appear asking if you’re sure you want to block the contact; tap Block to confirm.
- To unblock a contact, follow steps 1-5 and then tap Unblock messages.
How do I unblock message blocking on Samsung?
Message blocking is a feature of Samsung smartphones that allows users to block unwanted messages from certain contacts.
If you have accidentally blocked a contact, or if you need to unblock a contact for some reason, you can do so by following these steps
- Access your Settings menu by pressing your phone’s Menu button or by swiping down from any screen you’re viewing and tapping More>Settings. Once there, tap Messages. This may be called Messages & accounts or Messaging, depending on your model of Samsung smartphone. The block/allow contacts section lists all of your blocked contacts along with options for adding new blocked numbers and unblocking existing ones.
- In order to unblock a contact, tap More>Allow contacts and then choose Unblock from a drop-down menu of your blocked contacts. Once you’ve done so, a Contact temporarily unavailable message will pop up in red at the top of your screen. This confirms that your block list has been updated with your newly unblocked contact information. From now on, that contact will be able to text you as usual.